Process and Quality Engineering
Quality and productivity are important success factors in software development. Short product life cycles, short time-to-market, and immense cost pressure often conflict with high functionality, reliability, maintainability and efficiency. A core challenge remains how to achieve and maintain the required quality and productivity under the usually restrictive conditions of a software project.
The development of high-quality software products demands effective methods and tools along with efficient development processes. In cooperation with partner companies, PQE’s seeks to research and develop new concepts and methods for quality and process management as well as their continuous improvement and realization in customized tools and company processes.
The emphases of PQE’s research are in the areas of:
• requirements engineering and management
• software design and software architecture management
• software testing and test management
• quality assurance and quality management
• process development and process management
• application and product life-cycle management
• reuse and sustainable development paradigms
• engineering strategies, innovation and technology management
PQE addresses companies that develop software as a product or service or as part of a product. For partners and customers, SCCH conducted research projects that involved the development of requirements management processes, tools for test automation and test management, management cockpits for software development, analysis and evaluation of software architectures, and methods for increasing reusability.
Software development process, software quality, application life-cycle management, requirements management, architecture management, test management, software reuse.