Researcher on “Efficient learning for next-generation neuromorphic computing” (f/m/d)
The Software Competence Center Hagenberg is an Austrian Research and Technology Organization and non-profit company with about 110 staff members, funded in 1999 by several institutes of Johannes Kepler University (JKU) in Linz. It is primarily concerned with AI and software engineering and focuses on applied research in the areas of data, machine learning and software science in industry, mobility and healthcare.
Neuromorphic and in-memory computing addresses the inherent limitations of conventional silicon technology in certain machine learning applications. Together with leading partners in the field, we are part of a European project that focuses on both hardware and algorithm development for resource-constrained machine learning and spiking neural networks.
- well-educated with Master degree
- ambitious for a PhD on the topic “Efficient learning for next-generation neuromorphic computing”
- C2 Level for English; German language skills are a nice-to-have
You love to work in teams and with external partners as well as independently. You are interested in machine learning or mathematics of optimization or other relevant disciplines. Basic understanding of device physics, circuits, and sensors is welcome or can be acquired.
- Family-friendly and flexible working hours (flexitime without core time)
- Possibility of teleworking
- Creative and interdisciplinary working environment with varied tasks
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious research center
- Opportunity to work in highly diverse and international teams
- Company events, pleasant working atmosphere, social benefits
- Beautiful and modern working places close to Linz, Upper-Austria
The minimum gross salary is € 3.247,-- per month (14 times per year) for full employment (40 hours per week). The actual salary depends on the qualifications of the applicant.
We would like to increase the proportion of women in our organization and would be particularly pleased to be able to fill this position with a female researcher.
Are you interested?
Apply and send the application documents (personal motivation letter, CV including the names and contact details of at least two references, overview of your current research activities and interests) to email@example.com.
We are looking forward to an interview with you.