Dr. Georgios Chasparis
Education: I am a Ph.D. graduated from the University of California at Los Angeles, with a specialization in Automatic Control and Optimization. During my doctoral and post-doctoral studies, I have been conducting fundamental research in distributed control and optimization, operations research, algorithmic design and stochastic learning.
Academic/Professional Experience: I have had several appointments both as a research assistant (during my doctoral studies at the University of California at Los Angeles) and thereafter as a post-doctoral researcher (both at the Georgia Institute of Technology and at Lund University, Sweden). Currently I am working as a Senior Researcher at the Software Competence Center Hagenberg, Austria. I have published several research papers in well recognized international conference proceedings and scientic journals. (For more information, please check below or at my personal webpage provided above
University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles, California USA
- Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Ph.D, Mechanical Engineering, June 2008
- Major: Systems and Control, Minor: Optimization
- Dissertation Topic: \Distributed Learning and Ecient Outcomes in Uncertain and Dynamic
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, June 2004
- Thesis Topic: \Linear-Programming-Based Multi-Vehicle Path Planning with Adversaries"
- Advisor: Je S. Shamma
National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Greece
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma, Mechanical Engineering, November, 2001
- Thesis Topic: \Design of a Servomechanism Control System with Friction Compensation"
- Advisor: Evangelos Papadopoulos
|2012||present||Senior researcher, Knowledge-Based Technology, SCCH|
|2010||2012||Post-Doctoral Scholar, Department of Automatic Control, Lund University, Sweden|
|2007||2008||Post-Doctoral Scholar, Teaching Assistant, Electrical & Computer Engineering Department, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, USA|
Graduate Student Researcher, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Department, University of California Los Angeles, California USA
Undergraduate Student Researcher, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
Honors and awards
- (Dec. 2002) Thomaidio Award (NTUA) for having published a paper in the internationally approved proceedings of the Scienti c Conference:
IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland,
- (Sep. 1998) National Scholarship Foundation Award (Greece) for ranking among the top three
students in the department of Mechanical Engineering at National Technical University of Athens.
- Programming Languages: C, C++, Fortran
- Platform Experience: Matlab/Simulink, CPLEX, GAMS
- Operating Systems: Unix/Linux