Data Scientist with C++ development affinity (f/m/d)
The Software Competence Center Hagenberg is an Austrian Research and Technology Organization and non-profit company with about 110 staff members, funded in 1999 by several institutes of Johannes Kepler University (JKU) in Linz. It is primarily concerned with AI and software engineering and focuses on applied research in the areas of data, machine learning and software science in industry, mobility and healthcare.
We are looking for a Data Scientist (f/m/d) who enjoys developing and extending a heuristic optimization framework using C++. He or she will be actively supported by our optimization experts to extend the existing framework in a targeted manner. As a member of our data science team, you will also be working with large amounts of data, which you will process and visualize using appropriate tools such as InfluxDB and Grafana.
- great at teamwork and collaboration
- willing to work independently
- an excellent communicator
- well-educated with a Master’s degree
- experienced in C++ development
- experienced in machine learning (using Python/R) as well as interested in heuristic optimization methods
- interested in data visualization/processing techniques using e.g., Grafana, InfluxDB (TICK Stack), Apache Kafka
- proficient in German and English
- family-friendly and flexible working hours (flexitime without core time)
- possibility of teleworking
- creative and interdisciplinary working environment with varied tasks
- a meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious research center
- opportunity to work in highly diverse and international teams
- company events, pleasant working atmosphere, social benefits
- beautiful and modern working places close to Linz, Upper-Austria
The minimum gross salary is € 3.490 per month (14 times per year) for full employment (40 hours per week). The actual salary depends on the qualifications of the applicant.
We would like to increase the proportion of women in our organization and would be particularly pleased to fill this position with a female researcher.
Are you interested? Apply and send the application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to an interview with you.