Dr. Manuela Geiß
|ORCID||Google Scholar||Research Gate|
Manuela Geiß is a Senior Researcher for Data Science and leader of the research focus for biomedical AI. She has many years of experience in fundamental research as well as applied research projects.
- Machine Learning and especially Deep Learning for biomedical applications, in particular for medical imaging and molecular data
- Transfer Learning, especially in the context of personalized medicine
- Computer Vision (e.g. object detection, segmentation, classification)
- Explainable AI
- Graph Theory (graph editing, graph algorithms, trees, colored graphs)
- Phylogenetics (orthology and xenology relation, tree reconstruction, reconciliation maps)
- PhD studies in the Bioinformatics Group at Leipzig University, Germany, with focus on graph theory and algorithm development for automated reconstruction of phylogenetic trees from large data sets
- MSc in Mathematics at the University of Vienna with focus on population genetics
- BSc in Biology at the University of Vienna with focus on genetics and microbiology
- Lecturer for seminars on “Algorithms and Data Structures”
- Reviewer for international journals and conferences such as MICCAI, Frontiers in Medicine, Journal of Discrete Appl. Math.
- Co-Coordinator for several international conferences and workshops